Wednesday, July 1, 2009

K-Pop's doing well ?

In first : Big Bang is Korean Boys-band which is currently trying to hit Japan and it seems to work very well (they were second yesterday, now third with My Heaven).
Honestly I can't stand their image at all. Like "free-fashion-virgin-young-boys" (wtf G-Dragon is doing with hair ? His clothes are not worst than usual though...), but when it comes to music I like it a little more especially their brand new release ガラガラ GO!!, yup, tittle in japanese, song in japanese (with a lot of engrish still).


( Youtube Link )

I think this is an ok song. Very upbeat and catchy, I have no trouble to understand most of the lyrics which please me a lot. I'm juste kinda sick with the robotized voices fashion but I'm under the impression it's only the beginning unfortunatly.
On the other hand I can't stand the MV very hum "Bigbang". Lot of colors, fashions outtfits, G-Dragon horrible tastes with clothes, etc...so I just focus on the music ah ah.
(note : I'm not sure at all but I think Daesung japanese is less natural than the others)
Anyway, I think they'll do great with this song in the japanese charts.


( Youtube Link )

On the other hand we have the Wonder Girls trying to hit...america. Honestly when I hear their english translation of "Nobody" I was like "wwoooo ? Is this even in english ?" and also was thinking "it's dead for them hitting the US with that" but surprinsigly it could be way worst.

Their idea was to start their US debut by doing the first part of the Jonas Brothers Tour. When I read that I was already not convinced but it seems to be not that bad in fact and Jonas Brothers' fans seems to enjoy the WG as well. Good for them.
If you start to hear about the Wonder Girls in the next months (or not) you'll know why at least.

(as for me I'm not against an english translation of Irony but it's impossible since HyunA leave the group and is now part of 4 Minute)
Let's hope the best for them though.

Back to Korea and to my fav group, SNSD did two perfomances since last times and apparently are doing good with album sales.
The first one was on Music Core. Fun fact, SNSD Tyffany & Yuri are both the actual MC since some months already. That's pretty usefull to introduce your own group isn't it ? Ah, ah.
Anyway they performed Etude from their new album and of course Tell Me Your Wish (Genie).

Etude @ Music Core (Jun 27, 2009)

( Youtube Link )

I think this live was...pretty good. The outtfits are cute (except the shoes who are just...wrong ahah). Their vocals were nearly perfect (compared to the CD version I mean). I still don't understand why Seohyun have the less intersting parts in Genie since she's main vocalist. I mean when you see that live I think she's very powerfull and able to reach really high notes easily much like Taeyeon.

Too bad some of them don't sing because they sing a shorter version of the CD in live, Yuri and Sunny got their solo parts erased because of that.

Intersting note for fanboys :
Just before the live, Yoona did a strange thing to Tyffany, letting people think that she wasn't wearing underwear...what the fuck ? In my opinion Yoona just noticed something wrong with Tyffany's dress and told her ah ah.
I love how people jump into conclusions but I let you watch the video anyway~ There it is.
I must admit that Yoona face is kinda scary LOL.

Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) @ Music Core (Jun 27, 2009)

( Youtube Link )

Very disapointed I must say. Firstly, SCOUTS' OUTFFITS AGAIN ? I was thinking the concept was the Marine Girls but they didn't put their promotional clothes yet. Geez.
Well that's only a detail, if the rest is good.
Unfortunatly it isn't.

What happen to the sound system ? We can't hear Taeyeon and Tyffany at all at the beginning...I think they fixed the problem during the performance beacause it's far better after that.
At least the camera angles are better than the first comeback stage in Music Bank. We couldn't see Hyoyeon solo dance part in Music Bank, here we can (we can also see that she
discreetly give her microphone to Taeyeon just before and get it back during "DJ Put it back on~"). Anyway overall it wasn't that bad, liked Tyffany and Sunny in it. Both seemed to sing louder than usual, maybe because of the sound system fail ?

Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) @ Popular Song (SBS Inkagayo) ( Jun 28, 2009 )

( Youtube Link )

Well, they seemed to keep the best for the end because they finally perform in Marine Girls. *fanboy satisfied*

I don't get why Inkagayo always provide the best lives but I won't complain.
Anyway it made me think that even if Music Core obviously met a problem with their sound system, Jessica don't sing loud enough these days. I don't get it since she has a very powerfull voice usually (there's some lives in solo to see what I mean though youtube).
All the other girls did a very very good job still so It's an awesome live overall.

In any case, they'll improve singing this song as they improved singing Gee.
Oh, just after the live they said on an interview that the dance has for goal to show their legs...No kidding, I didn't notice that already ah ah...>>Interview<< PS : I speak about K-Pop again because there's nothing to say about Japan Pangya this week, I hope you still enjoy that. At least a little.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

? What were you saying about Irony? They still performed the song with Yubin, after HyunAh left. Actually that was the song that got me hooked on Wonder Girls so hopefully they translate that one into English. But yeah, Nobody still sounds super fobby. And they really need to check some of the lyrics with someone whose native tongue is English before releasing it into an English country, because some of it still doesn't sound grammatically correct. Ah wellz, still hoping they do well here :]<3

Mainlless said...

Oh really o_o ? I must watch that. Who sing Hyunah parts ? Sunye ?
(yeah, me too, that's my favorite WG favorite song)